Relocating to Chatham County
Thinking of relocating to Chatham County? You can go ahead and consider our team your go-to resource for everything you need to know about moving to the area. Chatham County is filled with sprawling metropolises, cozy small towns, rural communities, and everything in-between. No matter what you’re looking for, you can count on us to lead you home.
Here at Realty World Carolina Properties, we have what it takes to help you discover your dream home and settle into your new niche. Take a look at our resources below to simplify your move, or just give us a call to get started today!
Chatham County Relocation Resources:
Popular Chatham County Communities
Apex is a close-knit community that is located between Raleigh and the Triangle area, with easy access to natural spaces, festivals, and more!
Cary is the third-largest city in the Triangle, with the added benefit of having the small town of Apex on its fringes. Here, Southern hospitality is found at every turn.
Centered around the University of North Carolina (go Tar Heels!), Chapel Hill is a spirited college town that's known for its lively downtown and education opportunities.
Chatham County—it's the perfect place to live, work, and play! And when it comes to playing, there's nothing like exploring its rolling pastures and wide-open green spaces.
Durham is known for its diversity, with new development popping up all over the place! But don't worry, there are plenty of historic sites and nature areas that have been well-preserved.
The capital city of North Carolina, the City of Oaks...you name it, and Raleigh has claimed the title! A hub for both small businesses and huge technology companies, this city draws in professionals from all over.
Chatham County Spotlights
Homebuyers keep flocking to Chatham County—and we think we know why.
In addition to Chatham County's thriving economic development, the county is just a 45-minute drive from the 300+ companies at Research Triangle Park. Many area residents commute outside the county for work, yet Chatham County Schools remains the area's largest employer.
Want to get outside and explore? Chatham County residents enjoy easy access to Haw River and Rocky River, and they can camp under the stars at Jordan Lake State Recreation Area! And if you want to go off the beaten path, there are endless acres of lush forest around!
Wondering What's Around?
Moving and Packing Tips
Our team wants to make your relocation to the area is as easy as possible—so here are some tips to streamline your move!
Before Your Move
Planning your move a month or two ahead of time will ensure success on moving day. During the planning stage, be sure to…
- Stock up on packing materials—Boxes, tape, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap are all packing essentials.
- Be a minimalist—You don’t want to bring any extra belongings to your new home—consider hosting a yard sale or donating unused items to a local charity.
- Pack with care—Invest in sturdy moving boxes, bubble wrap, and quality packing materials to protect your belongings. Take time to mark boxes with fragile items and place heavier items in smaller boxes.
- Get organized—Create an "OPEN ME FIRST" box containing the items you'll need right away, like toilet paper, towels, sheets, and any other items you can't do without. This will cut down on stress when you're first getting settled.
- Carefully review all moving documents—Before signing any documents from professional moving companies, make sure to read the fine print. Find out if your items will be the only ones on the truck and if they'll be put in storage anywhere before arriving at their new destination.
On Moving Day
Let's make moving day a breeze! Here's what you need to bring...
- Keep personal information—All personal information—including medication, financial records, IDs, and other important documents, should be kept with you on moving day.
- Bring an overnight bag—If you happen to make it to your new home before the moving truck, you'll want to have an overnight bag with all your essentials.
- Have contacts handy—You never know what could happen on moving day, so make sure to have your mover's contact information with you at all times.
After Your Move
You've finally moved into your new home—now it's time to start making memories! But first, be sure to…
- Change the locks—You don't know who has a copy of your new home's keys, so it's crucial to change the locks ASAP!
- Clean first—it's a lot easier to get into the nooks and crannies of your new home without furniture in the way. This way, you'll get the "fresh" feeling in addition to the "new" feeling!
- Unpack by room—you can make the seemingly daunting process of unpacking seem simpler by breaking it down into steps—we suggest starting with the most important rooms first, such as the bedroom or kitchen.
Make Chatham County Your New Hometown
Want to get a better idea of what it's like to live in Chatham County? Fill out our form to claim an in-depth relocation guide—and if you just let us know what you're looking for, we'd be happy to send over the latest listings that match your search criteria!